Mr. LORTIE asked:
Referring to the wharfs at St. Zotique, in the river Beaudette, in the villages des Cedres and La Pointe aux Cascades, in the county of Soulanges,-
1. What amounts have been spent in repairing the said wharfs?
2. What is the name of the person who superintended these works in each locality, respectively, above named?
3. Who was charged with selecting the men employed on these works in each place?
4. What salary was granted to the superintendent or foreman, and what was the pay of the men?
5. During what months were these works carried on?
6. Is the government aware that these works lasted during the whole period of the last federal election, and that they were stopped exactly on the next day after the voting?
7. Is there in possession of the department a report of the operations above named, and a detailed statement of the cost of these works and the price of the materials used ?
8. What is the name of the engineer who had charge of making the plans, estimates and specifications of these works?
9. If there was one, has he made a report of his operations?
Topic: ZOTIQUE AND THE CEDARS.