sum of at least one hundred thousand dollars, then he or the said company shall have the option of renewing the present lease, subject to the same terms and conditions, for a further period of twenty-one years.
These presents are made and issued subject to the following provisions, terms and conditions :
1. That the said lessee or the said company, shall in* the use and occupation of the fishery privileges hereby leased, conform in every respect to the provisions, enactments and requirements of the Fishery Laws now, or which may hereafter be in force, and comply with all the rules and regulations that may have been or that may from time to time be adopted or made by the Governor General in Council relative thereto.
2. That the said lessee shall not transfer his interest in the present lease, except to the British American Fish Corporation, Limited, for which letters patent have been granted by the Governor General in Council of Canada, without obtaining the written consent of the minister, or that of some other person or persons authorized to grant the same.
3. That the said lessee or the said company shall not have any right or claim to indemnity or abatement of rent by reason of a decrease or failure in the fishery by these presents leased.
4. That the said lessee or the said company shall annually make a full return of full details and particulars to the Department of Marine and Fisheries of the operations carried on in every branch of the fishery hereby leased.
5. That the said lessee or the said company shall, during the three years following the 1st day of May, 1904, expend a sum of at least one thousand dollars per annum in the exploration of the territory hereby leased, and during the period of ten years from the 1st day of May next, shall expend and. lay out at least fifty thousand dollars in the exploration, development, equipment and improvement of the said property hereby leased.
6. That if the said lessee or the said company shall fail or neglect to pay the renh hereinbefore reserved and stipulated for, or any part thereof, or shall neglect or fail to perform any of .the other conditions, terms or provisions hereinbefore mentioned, or if the said fishery is being improperly operated by the said lessee or the said company, contrary to the terms of this lease, so as to prejudicially affect the public Interests, the minister may give or cause to be given three months' notice in writing to the said lessee or the said company, that the term of the lease by these presents created will be determined and cancelled, and the said term and lease shall thereupon and thereby be determined, ended and cancelled, and His Majesty may thereupon resume possession of the said fishery and the privileges hereby created wthout indemnifying the said lessee or the said company for any improvements that may have been done, and His Majesty may thereafter, without let or hindrance from the said lessee or the said company, resume possession of the said fishery and the privileges by these presents hereby created, and may continue to enjoy the same, or relet them to others as His Majesty may deem fit.
7. The said lessee or the said company shall not take from the said waters any sturgeon weighing less than twelve pounds, nor' any whitefish, trout, or catfish, weighing less than
Topic: CANADIAN HORSES-IMPERIAL CON. NECTION.