Lyle VANCLIEF

VANCLIEF, The Hon. Lyle, P.C., B.Sc.Ag., P.Ag.(Dist.)

Personal Data

Party
Liberal
Constituency
Prince Edward--Hastings (Ontario)
Birth Date
September 19, 1943
Website
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyle_Vanclief
PARLINFO
http://www.parl.gc.ca/parlinfo/Files/Parliamentarian.aspx?Item=9dff52ae-fc90-431a-85e8-8a2092e90e73&Language=E&Section=ALL
Profession
agrologist

Parliamentary Career

November 21, 1988 - September 8, 1993
LIB
  Prince Edward--Hastings (Ontario)
October 25, 1993 - April 27, 1997
LIB
  Prince Edward--Hastings (Ontario)
  • Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Agriculture (Agriculture and Agri-Food) (December 6, 1993 - January 11, 1995)
  • Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food (January 12, 1995 - February 22, 1996)
June 2, 1997 - October 22, 2000
LIB
  Prince Edward--Hastings (Ontario)
  • Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food (June 11, 1997 - December 11, 2003)
November 27, 2000 - May 23, 2004
LIB
  Prince Edward--Hastings (Ontario)
  • Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food (June 11, 1997 - December 11, 2003)

Most Recent Speeches (Page 1 of 238)


April 23, 2004

Hon. Lyle Vanclief (Prince Edward—Hastings, Lib.)

Mr. Speaker, I have the honour to present, in both official languages, the report of the Standing Committee on Industry, Science and Technology in relation to Bill C-9, an act to amend the Patent Act and the Food and Drugs Act.

Topic:   Routine Proceedings
Subtopic:   Committees of the House
Full View Permalink

November 6, 2003

Hon. Lyle Vanclief (Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Lib.)

Mr. Speaker, the hon. member knows very well that we have been working with the provinces and the cattle industry.

I know that he wants us to put in place a program that will meet the needs of everyone: the dairy industry, the beef industry, the concerns of the provinces, and the concerns of the whole beef economy.

That is exactly what we are doing. When that is completed, I would be pleased to announce the program.

Topic:   Oral Question Period
Subtopic:   Agriculture
Full View Permalink

November 6, 2003

Hon. Lyle Vanclief (Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Lib.)

Mr. Speaker, we understand very clearly and have been informed by the dairy industry that about 95% or 96% of its gross income comes from the sale of milk and the other 4% to 5% of its income comes from the sale of cull cows.

The cull cow program is being worked on. Those in the dairy industry selling cull cows will be as eligible for that as those in the beef industry. Every dairy farmer and every beef farmer in every province in the country will be treated the same.

Topic:   Oral Question Period
Subtopic:   Agriculture
Full View Permalink

November 6, 2003

Hon. Lyle Vanclief (Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Lib.)

Mr. Speaker, I will not repeat the answer that I just gave because the hon. member has heard it a number of times.

When we announce the details of a plan, it will be a national plan. The federal government will be contributing 60% of it. If provinces wish to put the other 40% with it or if provinces wish to do more than that to deal with the cull animals in their province, whether they be dairy animals or beef animals, they will be at liberty to do so.

Topic:   Oral Question Period
Subtopic:   Agriculture
Full View Permalink

November 6, 2003

Hon. Lyle Vanclief (Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Lib.)

Mr. Speaker, this hon. member has been very vocal in the past suggesting that we in the government work with the industry to make any programs as satisfactory to the industry as we possibly can.

Those discussions are still ongoing as recently as yesterday and today. When those discussions are completed with the industry, that is when we will make the announcement.

Topic:   Oral Question Period
Subtopic:   Agriculture
Full View Permalink