1. What quantity of raw leaf tobacco,
exclusive of flue cured tobacco, was produced in 1940 and 1941, (a) in Canada; (b) in Ontario; (c) in the province of Quebec?
2. What approximated quantities of this raw leaf tobacco are still unsold and in the possession of the growers?
3. What was the average price per pound paid for this type of tobacco to the producers, since the month of August last, (a) in Ontario;
(b) in Quebec?
Motions for Papers
4. Is it a fact that the tobacco producers of the province of Quebec can hardly sell their tobacco at fire cents per pound and without profit?
5. What was the amount of taxes collected by the national revenue department from the sale tax of ten cents per pound on all Canadian raw leaf tobacco?
Topic: QUESTIONS PASSED AS ORDERS FOR RETURNS
Subtopic: SALES TAX ON RAW LEAF TOBACCO