1. (a) What are the details of all work taking place at present, and future works contemplated, by the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development in the Gros Morne National Park in the Constituency of Humber-St. George's-St. Barbe under FLIP, as it concerns trail maintenance and construction, roadside cleanup, work on Berry Hill Campsite (b) how many jobs will be available in addition to those presently employed throughout the winter and additional numbers to be hired during the summer?
2. What are the details of the amounts of monies being expended for road work in the Gros Morne National Park area and what is the expected date of completion for such work?
3. What are the details in regard to the upgrading and paving of highway 430 where it falls within the responsibility of the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development?
4. What are the details of road work to be completed and future road work contemplated under the federal-provincial DREE agreement, particularly where it concerns the (a) upgrading and paving of the road from Woody Point to the Park boundary (b) upgrading and paving of the road from the Park boundary to Trout River (c) completion of the Rocky Harbour subdivision (d) construction of the Norris Point subdivision?
5. What are the details of the works contemplated under the same DREE agreement in regard to the (a) servicing of the West Link Access road with boundaries (b) study for the Woody Point sewer system (c) completion of the St. Paul's water and sewer system?
April 17, 1978
Business of the House
6. What action has the government taken to provide information to tourists at Wiltondale and to provide additional facilities at (a) Berry Hill (b) Western Brook (c) Lamond (d) Shallow Bay?
7. What are the details of the government's intention to charge camping fees in the Gros Morne National Park?
8. Are changes contemplated on the boundaries of the Gros Morne National Park as related to the consideration of the development of a master plan?
9. Is consideration being given to changes in boundaries and the direction of the highway as it affects the community of Sally's Cove insofar as it concerns the contemplated master plan?
10. What are the details as to the status of the establishment of a marina under the DREE agreement between the government and the Province of Newfoundland?
11. Has further consideration been given to the serious loss of income by way of cutting rights and timber availability to the residents of Glenburnie, Shoal Brook and surrounding communities who have been denied this opportunity as a result of the restrictions caused under the Park development and, if not, for what reason?
12. What consideration is being given to remove the restrictions affecting residents of the Gros Morne National Park area under the non-hunting area factor?
Topic: ROUTINE PROCEEDINGS
Subtopic: QUESTIONS ON THE ORDER PAPER