1. What is the total number and value of United States automobiles imported into Canada for the years, 1950 to 1955, inclusive?
2. By what firms were such automobiles manufactured, how many and of what value by each firm?
3. What makes and how many of each make of car were imported?
4. What series and how many of each series of each make were imported during the above period?
5. What makes and series of cars imported were also manufactured in Canada during the above years?
Answer by: Mr. Howe (Pori Arthur):
1. The total number and value of passenger automobiles (statistical classifications 5642, 5643 and 5644) imported into Canada from the United States during the years 1950 to 1955 were as follows:
Year No. Value1950
3,154 $ 6,038,4821951
27,392 58,886,5872, 3, 4 and 5. Section 15 of the Statistics Act precludes the disclosure of information relating to private business.
Topic: ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS
Subtopic: IMPORTS OF U.S. AUTOMOBILES