Mr. EARLE asked :
l. Have any complaints been received at the Department of Marine and Fisheries respecting alleged ill-treatment of the crew of the Dominion government steamer ' Quadra ' ?
* 2. If so, what is the nature of these complaints ?
3. Are the members of the crew of the [DOT] Quadra ' paid their wages regularly ?
4. What is the arrangement regarding pay for the men ?
5. If, when the ' Quadra ' is absent on a cruise at the time the monthly pay falls due, has any arrangement been made whereby the families of the men can draw their pay ?
6. Who selects the supplies for the ' Quadra '?
7. From whom are supplies for the ' Quadra ' purchased in British Columbia ?
8. Is the government aware that members of the crew assert that the food is of inferior -quality, and is often insufficient in quantity ?
Subtopic: GOVERNMENT STEAMER ' QUADRA.'