1. What is the total number of ships built by the Government since 1917?
2. What is the total tonnage?
3. How many of these were steel ships?
4. What was the cost per ton?
5. How many were wooden ships?
6. What was their cost per ton?
7. Were they built by contract or day labour
or on a percentage basis? .
8. If by contract, what steps have the Government taken to prevent profiteering?
9. What steps have the Government taken to ascertain the total cost of labour for construction, total cost of material used, total overhead expenses, gross profit and net profit respectively?
Subtopic: GOVERNMENT SHIPBUILDING PROGRAMME.