1. The Official Guide was issued under the authority of the Minister of Railways and Canals, but was not issued by any department of the government railways.
2. It is understood that 5,000 copies were issued, but at no expense to the government.
3. It was not printed at the expense of the government, therefore cannot say what it cost.
4. The government received nothing in cash, but it is thought that the traffic of the government railways must have benefited.
5. It is not possible to state wlmt amount the government railways benefited by the circulation! of this guide book, but there is no doubt the guide hook is a convenience to the travelling public.
Subtopic: INTERCOLONIAL RAILWAY-OFFICIAL GUIDE.