Hon. Mr. ROBB:
Information in full not available, but a record begun in the Dominion Bureau of Statistics, September, 1920, shows the following for the year ended October 31, 1921:-
Freight loaded on cars in
Toronto 1,155,599 tons
Freight unloaded from cars
in Toronto 4,600,301 tons
VICKERS DRY DOCK Mr. MARLER:
1. WThat subsidy, if any. was paid per annum by the late government to Vickers Dry Dock, Montreal?
2. On what valuation was this subsidy based?
3. What does said valuation include in the way of plant, tools, machinery, fixed assets and so forth?
4. Was subsidy originally intended to be paid only on construction of actual dock?
5. Is the subsidy to be continued?
6. If so, on what basis and on what valuation?
Subtopic: WELLAND CANAL-TONNAGE