1. The Government is aware that three members of the Cabinet visited Carleton-Victoria county, New Brunswick, in the latter part of the month of October, 1919.
2. The object of their visit was to take part in an election for a member of the House of Commons which was being held at that time in that county.
3. I do not know that any official business was transacted by those gentlemen while they were there.
4. Whether the object of their visit was attained or not can be answered by each individual according to his wishes or his views. It was not entirely barren in respect to the efforts of some of these gentlemen.
5. A Government private car was not used for the expedition.
Subtopic: VISIT OF CABINET MINISTERS TO CARLETON-VI'CTORIA COUNTY.