1. Did the Government take proceedings to expropriate the property owned by Belanger, on the St. Charles River?
2. iHow much is asked for said property?
3. Is it the intention of the Government to stop the present works? If so, will it give up the expropriation of this property?
4. Has the Government been informed that this property is not necessary for the works
5. What amount does the owner ask for the property which it is proposed' to expropriate?
6. Is the Government aware of the fact that such property is covered with water at high tide?
7. Has the Government paid any sum on account of the price of said property ?
Hon. J .D. REID:
1. Yes, expropriated on December 22, 1915.
2 and 5. On November 12, 1914, Mr. Belanger offered to accept 23 cents per foot for the property but afterwards asked for a petition of right which was granted, and in which 35 cents per foot was claimed for part of the property and 50 cents for another part.
3. (a) For the time being; (b) No.
6. Part of the property is covered by' water at high tide.
Subtopic: ST. CHARLES RIVER PROPERTY.