1. What was the amount of cheque No. 14341, paid to Bate, McMahon & Company of Ottawa, in 19M-17?
2. Was said cheque duly authorized and paid?
3. Wihat was the consideration for said cheque?
4. Is the firm of Bate, McMahon & Company authorized to do Insurance business?
5. Was the amount of said cheque refunded to the Government?
6. If not, why?
3. Reimbursement to Messrs. Bate, McMahon for outlay on account of payment of Employers' Liability Premium, for insurance against accidents to employees engaged in construction work at Sewell and Calgary camps, in terms of contract with Department of Militia and Defence.
4. No information.
6. The matter of the refund of this payment is under consideration.
Subtopic: OIL DEPOSITS DEVELOPMENT.