1. How much of the sum of $43,000, included in the Appropriation Act, 2 Edward VII, Chapter 1, ' for the building of a spur line of railway from the Intercolonial Railway station at Rivifere Ouelle to the wharf on the St. Lawrence,' has been expended ?
2. Is the spur line in question finished 1
3. Is it the intention of the government to establish in connection with the said spur line a ferry between the wharf at RiviSre Ouelle and the north shore of the St. Lawrence 1
4. If so, have any arrangements been made with any person or company to establish such a ferry, and with whom ?
5. Has the establishment of such ferry been recommended in writing by any member of the House of Commons; and if so, by whom ?
The MINISTER OF RAILWAYS AND CANALS (Hon. A. G. Blair) ;
1. The amount expended up to the 31st January, 1903, on RiviSre Ouelle branch is 819,578.08.
3. Yes. We have it in contemplation to arrange for a connection of that kind.
4. No arrangements have yet been concluded.
5. It has not been customary for the government to make public the names of parties with whom it has advised on questions of this kind.
Subtopic: INTERCOLONIAL RAILWAY.-SPUR LINE FROM RIVIERE OUELLE.