1. $330,005.75, including site, heating apparatus, wiring, fittings, &c.
2. By contract.
3. By public advertisement.
4. M. E. Keefe (accepted tender). .$250,000
Sullivan & Langdon 254,512
Rhodes, Curry & Co., Ltd 254,795
S. M. Brookfield 292,241
5. Yes. To be completed September 15, 1904.
6. The time named in the contract was twenty-nine months; but it was found, after construction had been commenced, that there was difficulty in procuring stone of suitable sizes, which perforce considerably delayed the work.
8. The sum of $3,072 retained for minor works not made equal to that called for by by contract.
9. $1,667.68, paid to M. E. Keefe.
Subtopic: HALIFAX CUSTOMS HOUSE.