Hon. C. M. Drury (Minister of Industry):
In so far as Defence Construction (1951) Limited is concerned, the answer is as follows:
1. A contract was awarded for the aerodrome fencing, grading and seeding at R.C.A.F. station, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan,
on May 29, 1964, at an estimated cost of $123,919.55 based on unit prices and estimated quantities.
A portion of this contract was let by the prime contractor to a subcontractor for the field seeding. This included cultivating, fertilizing, sowing to oats, sowing to grass, harvesting the oats and baling straw. The amount of this subcontract is not known.
2. 1,121 acres for the entire project of which 850 acres were cultivated and grassed by the subcontractor.
3. Approximately 280 tons.
4. Yes. A tender call for the entire project was advertised in daily and weekly newspapers.
5. Six, $123,919.55; $148,465.76; $152,530.45; $139,929.45; $152,158; $155,841.
6. Sprayturf Limited, Delaware, Ontario, $123,919.55.
Subtopic: AGRICULTURAL ACTIVITIES, MOOSE JAW R.C.A.F. STATION