1. What was the object of the visit to Canada in the month of October last of Mr. W. T. R. Preston, emigration commissioner in Great Britain ?
2. Was Mr. Preston sent for by tire government, or any member thereof, or did he come on his own initiative ?
3. Is it true that there has been any friction between officials in the High Commissioner's office in London and Mr. Preston ?
4. Have any complaints been made to the government, or any member thereof, or to any of the deputy ministers at Ottawa, or officials of the Department of the Interior, that Mr. Preston has been unduly interfering in the work of the High Commissioner's office.
5. Has Mr. Preston any jurisdiction over any of the staff in the High Commissioner's office, or do his duties confine him solely to immigration work ?
Subtopic: W. T. R. PRESTON, IMMIGRATION COMMISSIONER.