The Canadian National Railways advise as follows:
1. A test installation of 1,720 feet of slide detector fences has been made on the Ashcroft subdivision between mileages 93-7 and 94-0.
2. In selected areas there is provided a twenty-four-hour inspection service by watchmen and patrolmen. Automatic signals have also been installed in certain sections to better facilitate train operations.
4. Not in so far as slide detector fences are concerned.
5. Difficulty is experienced in keeping slide detector fences in service at periods of heavy snowfall and of interference from snow slides.
6. Additional installations of slide detector fences will be considered after reviewing results achieved from experimental installations.
Subtopic: CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAYS