1. If the first part of this question has reference to postal rates on letters the reduction from five cents to three cents per half ounce was authorized by 31 Victoria, the unit of weight from one-half ounce to one ounce, 52 Victoria.
2. The reduction in the letter rate from three cents to two cents was affected by 61 Victoria.
3. The use of post cards in Canada was authorized by departmental order No. 7, 1871.
4. Postage upon newspapers has never been wholly removed in Canada.
5. There was a partial abolition of sucb postage by 45 Victoria, and a slight reimposition of such rates by 61 Victoria and III. Edward.
6. This last question is not understood.
Subtopic: POSTAL RATE.