1. No, the plant in question was never owned by St. Catharines Steel Products Limited. The government in 1942 acquired the then existing part of the plant by expropriation, and has added to the plant from time to time since then. The whole plant has been, and still is, owned by the government. It was leased to St. Catharines Steel Products Limited for the production of munitions of war and supplies, and since this has now ceased the lease is being cancelled and the government is taking back possession of the plant.
2. Answered by No. 1.
3. Answered by No. 1.
4. Answered by No. 1.
5. Answered by No. 1.
Subtopic: ST. CATHARINES STEEL PRODUCTS LTD.