Mr. MACKENZIE (Vancouver Centre):
The undernoted answers are restricted to farm properties as distinct from acreage acquired for small holding purposes.
2. Arthur Le Bel, C. H. Grath, Mrs. S. Rideout, R. Green, W. B. McIntyre, Mrs. R. Clark, J. P. Millie, W. Murchie, C. Wilson,
H. Black, Mrs. J. MacBride, A. White, C. Culberson, D. C. Smith, Mrs. L. M. Daye,
L. Kilpatrick, J. H. Kilpatrick, R. W. Williamson, W. Pryor, Mrs. M. J. Hayward, T. Neill,
J. Jewett, R. B. Tompkins, A. W. Wilson
3. $2,000, $4,250, $3,800, $3,600, $3,800$4,000. $1,800, $2,800, $4,500, $2,750. $3 000$4,600, $4,000, $2,000, $2,800, $2,300, $6,200,$2,000, $1,200, $3,950, $3,100, $4,000, $165o'
5. Properties acquired in advance of settlement are maintained in at least as good con-
dition as when purchased, and wherever possible improved, by arranging for their operation under individually negotiated lease agreements which take into consideration such factors as repairs to fencing and drainage, improvement of water supply, running repairs to buildings, cultural practices for the improvement of the state of cultivation, erosion control and the seeding in some cases of areas to legumes and grasses. The possibility of arranging an appropriate lease is an influencing factor in determining whether a specific property will or will not be purchased.
st. John's, nfld., barracks Mr. FRASER (Peterborough West):
1. Is there a naval or other barracks situated on the south side of the harbour at St. John's, Newfoundland ?
2. If so, what is the total cost of the barracks?
3. Have these barracks been put in use?
4. If so, to what use were they put?
5. If not, when will they be used?
Subtopic: CARLETON, N.B.