2. 3 Edward VII., cap. 46, sec. 13.
3. It was estimated that there were between 25.000 and 30,000. The sale was made without any warranty as to number.
4. By public tender.
5. T. G. Brigham, of Ottawa.
6. They were sold en bloc.
7. The gross amount was eight hundred dollars. The net amount was four hundred and ninety-nine dollars and sixty-fire cents, the difference being the expense of advertising.
8. The records of the department do not show what models were full size or commercial machines or articles. The only requirement of the law and the regulations has been that the models should be working ones ot convenient size, not to exceed twelve inches on the longest side ; and the only entry in the records respecting them it is of their deposit or filing.
9. The sale was made under the law above cited, and in accordance with the terms of the notice calling for tenders, which was as follows :
Subtopic: SALE OF MODELS BY GOVERNMENT.