1. Did the government acquire a site for a public building at Tweed, Ontario?
2. If so, from whom was said site purchased?
3. What sum was paid for the same?
4. Was opposition to the location of said site expressed by the council and citizens of Tweed at a public meeting?
5. Did the municipal council of Tweed offer to exchange the property with the government in order that the site for said public building might be centrally located?
6. If so, was such exchange made?
7. Was the site first acquired exchanged for another site?
8. If so, what was the value of the site acquired by such exchange?
9. What was the assessed value of each of the sites above referred to?
10. From whom was the site taken in exchange acquired?
11. Is the site lastly acquired centrally located ?
12. Has the council of Tweed expressed objection to the location of the site lastly acquired?
13. What buildings are located on each of
said sites? ,
14. What amount has been voted by parliament for the purchase of a site and the construction of a public building at Tweed?
15. Have tenders for the construction of said
building been received, and what is the amount of each tender? ' * .
16. Has a contract for the construction of public building at Tweed been awarded?
17. If so, what is the name and address of such contractor, and the amount of such contract ?
Subtopic: TWEED, ONT., PUBLIC BUILDING