1. What was the total amount of imports to Canada from Straits Settlements during each of the years 1936 and 1937?
2. What was the total amount of exports from Canada to Straits Settlements during each of the above years?
3. What was the value of Singapore pineapple imported into Canada from Straits Settlements during each of the years 1936 and 1937?
4. What rate of duty, dumping duty or otherwise, or tax, was imposed on importations of Singapore pineapple from Straits Settlements during each of the above years?
5. Was it established that such pineapple imported into Canada during the year 1937 was sold at less than the market value?
6. Was any inquiry made in this regard?
7. Under the provisions of the Marketing Act is it compulsory for the firm or corporate name and address of the packer to appear on the labels of all canned goods imported and marketed in Canada?
8. If so, was this regulation enforced in connection with the importations of Singapore pineapple ?
9. Do the labels on all canned pineapple imported into Canada specify the net contents of the tin?
10. Is Singapore pineapple packed principally by Chinese employees ?
11. Has the Canadian government ever made any inspection of the conditions under which such pineapple is packed?
Subtopic: CAN ADA-STR AITS SETTLEMENT TRADE