Mr. J. J. McCANN (Renfrew South):
I wish to direct a series of questions to the Minister of Pensions and National Health (Mr. Power).
1. In view of the catastrophe at Orlando, Florida, where seven persons met their death following the use of a cancer treatment serum known as ensol, manufactured and distributed from Kingston, Ontario, what steps are being taken by the federal Department of Health regarding an investigation, and what protection is afforded to the Canadian public to prevent the occurrence of such an accident or incident in this country?
2. Is ensol licensed for manufacture and distribution in Canada?
3. Is ensol manufactured under government supervision?
4. Has the distribution of ensol been prohibited pending the holding of an investigation?
5. Has any attempt been made to recall batches of ensol made at the same time as that which was distributed to Orlando, Florida?