1. What was the total amount of capital invested in Canadian industries (both primary and secondary) on December 31, 1937?
2. What was: (a) the gross value; (b) the net value of industrial production during the year 1937?
3. What percentage and money value thereof was: (a) exported; (b) sold in the home market?
4. What percentage of the portion sold in the home market would have been dutiable if imported?
5. What estimated average rate of duty would have been charged on such portion if imported, having regard to the rates of duty now prevailing against the countries of origin of actually imported goods of similar nature?
6. What were: (1) The total amount of dividends and interest paid to: (a) common stockholders; (b) preferred stockholders; (c) debenture stockholders; (d) mortgagees; (e) all other capital creditors? (2) The total amount of reserve set aside for: (a) depreciation or
capital replacement; (b) possible future losses;
Camp Hill Hospital
(c) any and all other purposes? (3) The total amount set aside for: (a) sinking or amortizing fund; (b) any and all other debt reducing purposes?
7. What were: (1) The total number of: (a)
wage earners; (b) salaried employees? (2) The total amount paid: (a) in wages; (b) in
salaries; (e) in gratuities or any other form of remuneration ?
(If figures for 1937 not available, please give latest figures available.)
Subtopic: CANADIAN INDUSTRIES-STATISTICS