1. In descending order of importance, which are the top 200 senior military appointments within the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces?
2. Of these 200 posts (a) how many are restricted to officers of a particular element of the Service (b) how many are restricted to aircrew (c) how many are restricted to Technical Officers (d) to Engineers (e) to any other list/branch (itemize) (f) how many are open by competition to officers of all three elements of the Service (g) how many require operational (Aircrew) experience as a prerequisite?
3. How many of the present incumbents in these 200 positions have engineering or science degrees, are Pilots, Radio Navigators, Technical Officers, and Engineers respectively?
4. How many of the 200 positions during the past 5 years were held in each element of the Service, by officers who were Pilots, Radio Navigators, Technical Officers and Engineers?
5. Of the top 200 military posts held by the air element of the Service, what was the list/ branch specialty of each of the last 4 incumbents for each position?
6. For each month since June, 1966, how many officers in each element of the Service, have been released under QR&O Table Art. 15.01 Item 4(a), 4(b), 4(c) and Item 5(a), 5(b), 5(c) who were Technical Officers possessing Engineering degrees, Technical Officers other than those in categories (a), and (b), Pilots and Aircrew Officers other than Pilots, Dentists and Doctors?
7. For each month since June 1966, how many officers have been recruited into each element of the Service as Tech/Tel Officers, Technical Officers, Pilots, Aircrew other than Pilots, Dentists and Doctors?
8. How many Technical Officers as of January 1, 1968, are serving in each of the land, sea and air
elements of the Service at the rank of Colonel and above, Lieutenant-Colonel, Major and Captain and below?
9. How many officers, as of January 1, 1968, in each element of the Service serving in the ranks of Colonel and above, Lieutenant-Colonel, Major and Captain and below respectively are Tech/Tel Officers, Tech/AE Officers, Tech/Arm Officers, Technical Officers in categories other than (a), (b) and (c), Pilots, Radio Navigators, Aircrew other than (e) and (f), Medical Officers, Legal Officers and Chaplains?
10. How many officers, as of January 1, 1968, are there in the Technical and Aircrew categories possessing engineering and/or science degrees?
Subtopic: SENIOR MILITARY APPOINTMENTS