1 When was the floor price on butter introduced and what has it cost the treasury since its
inception? . _ ,
2. What was the butter production in Canada
during this period?
3. What was the butter production in the province of Nova Scotia during the same period?
Answer by: Right Hon. J. G. Gardiner
(Minister of Agriculture):
1. May 28, 1948. Net expenditure to March 31, 1956, $8,500,000.
2. 2,299,000,000 pounds of creamery butter.
3. 46,000,000 pounds of creamery butter.
Subtopic: EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
Sub-subtopic: BTJTTER STATISTICS