1. From what firms has fish been purchased for Shaughnessy hospital in Vancouver, during the past two years?
Orders for Returns
2. In each case, what other firms, if any, tendered for the sale of such fish?
3. What were the amounts of the respective tenders including those that were accepted?
HIGHWAY SAFETY CONFERENCE Mr. Knowles:
1. Has the federal government, or any minister thereof, given consideration to inviting the appropriate representatives of the various provinces to meet for the purpose of discussing highway safety programs in order that efforts might be made to reduce the number of deaths and injuries on our highways?
2. If so, what is the result of such consideration?
3. Has a tentative date for such a meeting been proposed?
N.H.A. LOANS NEAR AIRPORTS Mr. Knight:
1. Has the government recently issued regulations prohibiting the making of loans under N.H.A. for building in the vicinity of airports?
2. If so, what was the date of the announcement of such regulations?
3. What are the distances from the airports to which such prohibition applies?
4. Has the government announced any regulations tending to protect life in the areas prohibited where residential buildings have already been erected?
5. Near what airports are there such residential buildings, other than government buildings, within the prescribed area?
6. Has the government considered prohibiting future erection of any and all residential buildings within the prescribed areas?
7. If so, what has been the result of such consideration?
MONT JOLI AND RIMOUSKI AIRPORTS Mr. Balcer:
1. What amount has been spent by the Department of National Defence at the Mont Joli airport since 1940?
2. What amount has been spent at the Mont Joli airport by the Department of Transport since its transfer from the Department of National Defence?
3. What are the existing facilities at the Mont Joli airport for commercial transportation such as, runways, lighting, hangars, radio direction, etc.?
4. What amount was spent during the last five years by the Department of Transport at the Rimouski municipal airport?
5. What is the distance by air between the towns of Rimouski and Mont Joli?
FUEL PURCHASES, ATLANTIC PROVINCES Mr. Purdy:
What was the cost of fuel purchased by the federal government for use in each of the four Atlantic provinces, during the fiscal year ending 31st March, 1954, under the following headings: Nova Scotia coal, New Brunswick coal, other Canadian coal, United States coal, other imported coal, fuel oil?
FUR IMPORTS FROM RUSSIA Mr. Pearkes:
1. What quantity of fur, raw and processed, has been imported into Canada from the U.S.S.R. since October, 1953?
2. What is the total value of such furs?
3. Of what varieties are the furs thus imported?
4. What tariff is imposed upon these furs?
5. What Canadian firms purchased pelts from Russia?
6. Have any muskrat skins been imported from any European country? If so, in what quantities and from what countries?
Subtopic: SHAUGHNESSY HOSPITAL, VANCOUVER FISH PURCHASES