1. Subcontracts for the installation of the heating and ventilation systems were awarded to John Colford Contracting Company Limited, Montreal, P.Q., by Anglin-Norcross (Ontario) Limited, the general contractors for the project.
2. Yes, for the whole project, which included the heating and ventilation systems.
3. (a) In November, 1950, for the whole project, which included the heating and ventilation systems.
Cb) Subcontractors' tenders for the heating and ventilation systems were submitted to the general contractors and not to the department. The amount of each subcontractor's tender to the general contractors is not known by this department.
(c) John Colford Contracting Company Limited, Montreal, P.Q. The amount is not known by this department.
(d) Yes. $7,135.13.
4. Yes, the heating and ventilation systems were designed by engineers who were employed by the architects who designed the building and supervised the construction. General approval of the plans of the building was given by the chief architect of the Department of Public Works.
5. See answer to No. 4.
6. Checks are still being made by the engineer who installed the systems, as systems of these sizes require certain adjustments for some considerable time.
7. Incorporated in box sum price, individual prices not known.
8. Answered by No. 7.
Subtopic: BUREAU OF STATISTICS, OTTAWA-HEATING SYSTEM