535. Departmental administration, $2,208,070. District services-
536. Administration, $2,672,171.
537. Veterans' welfare services, $3,288,364. Treatment services-
538. Operation of hospitals and administration, $36,249,295.
539. Medical research and education, $375,000.
540. Hospital construction, improvements, new equipment and acquisition of land, $4,217,900.
541. Supply, manufacture and administration, $1,018,130.
Canadian pension commission-
542. Administration expenses, including salaries for the chairman of the Canadian pension commission at $2,000 per annum and the deputy chairman and each of the other commissioners, including ad hoc commissioners, at $1,000 per annum additional to the salaries provided under chap. 157, R.S., 1927, as amended, $2,144,434.
543. Veterans bureau, $490,177.
544. War Veterans' Allowance Board-administration, $187,268.
545. Veterans' insurance, $88,367.
Pensions and other benefits-
546. Pensions for disability and death, including pensions granted under the authority of the civilian government employees (war) compensation order P.C 45/8848 of 22nd November, 1944, which shall be subject to the Pension Act, $97,105,000.
547. Newfoundland special awards, $30,000.
548. War veterans allowances, $26,585,000.
549. Assistance fund (war veterans allowances), $850,000.
550. Unemployment assistance, $50,000.
551. Hospital and other allowances, $3,100,000.
552. Gallantry awards-world war II, $18,000.
553. Employers liability compensation, $180,000.
554. Last Post fund, $135,000.
555. Grant to Canadian legion, $9,000.
Soldier Settlement and Veterans Land Act-
556. To provide for the cost of administration of Veterans Land Act; soldier settlement and British family settlement, $4,606,624.
557. To provide for the upkeep of property, Veterans Land Act, including engineering and other investigational planning expenses that do not add tangible value to real property; taxes, insurance and maintenance of public utilities, $80,000.
558. To provide for the payment of grants to veterans settled on provincial lands in accordance with agreements with provincial governments under section 35 of the Veterans Land Act, 1942, as amended, and payment of grants to veterans settled on dominion lands, in accordance with an