PORT AUX BASQUES-SYDNEY FERRY Mr. Fraser:
1. Were tenders called for the construction of the freight and passenger ferry to be used between Port aux Basques, Newfoundland and North Sydney, Nova Scotia?
2. If so, what firms submitted tenders?
3. What firm was awarded the contract?
4. What are the terms of the contract?
5. Were Vickers engineers employed in the designing of this ferry?
6. Was an outside naval architect employed?
7. If so, what architect or architects were employed?
8. What amount is to be paid to such architect or architects?
9. Were any other technicians, engineers or others employed1 in the designing of this ferry?
10. If so, who were they, and what will each receive for their work?
IMPERIAL SERVICE AND CANADA MEDAL AWARDS Mr. Fraser:
1. How many imperial service medals have been granted to Canadians since 1930?
2. How many of such medals were granted in each year from 1930 to date?
3. How many were granted to persons in each department of the government during this period?
4. How many of these medals were conferred or granted to Canadians who had retired from the civil service after serving less than twenty-five years?
5. What are the names of the persons to whom they were granted, and in which department did they serve?
6. Have any awards of the Canada medal been made?
7. If so, to whom?