Supply-Trade and Commerce
437. Census oi population, including contribution of $3,543 to the Inter-American Statistical Institute committee on the 1950 census of the Americas, $1,278,838.
Wheat and grain division-
438. Salaries and other expenses, $26,450.
439. To provide for the Canadian government's annual assessment for membership in the international wheat council, $25,577.
Canada Grain Act-[DOT]
440. Administration, $124,190.
441. Operation and maintenance, including inspection, weighing, registration, etc., $2,328,536.
442. Canadian government elevators, including equipment (revote $144,628), $741,085.
443. Emergency import control-salaries and other expenses, $224,115.
Salaries and other expenses-
444. To provide for the liquidation of contracts, including commitments of previous years related to the acquisition of assets operated by the Department
of Reconstruction and Supply or an agency of the Department of Reconstruction and Supply; and for miscellaneous and unforeseen expenses, $250,000.
445. To provide for production and transportation subsidies on steel and iron under such terms and conditions as may be approved by the governor in council, $2,000,000.
446. To provide for research and development of jet engines and aircraft, $1,600,000.
447. To reimburse the Canadian Commercial Corporation for expenses incurred in purchasing materials, supplies and equipment, etc., on behalf of the Department of National Defence, under chapter 51, statutes of 1947, $900,000.
448. To reimburse the Canadian wheat board for the estimated expenses to be incurred from August 1, 1949, to July 31, 1950, the administration of delivery quotas and permit regulations, etc., $125,000. A-Department-
781. Exhibitions generally-further amount required, $15,000.