1. Inglewood bird sanctuary was established by the dominion government on June 6, 1929, under the provisions of the Migratory Birds Convention Act. It is not owned or operated by the dominion government, but is subject to the migratory bird sanctuary regulations promulgated by order in council P.C. 1536 of April 13, 1948.
2. The dominion government provides no financial assistance for the upkeep of any privately-owned bird sanctuary established under the Migratory Birds Convention Act. Periodical inspections are made by dominion wildlife officers, and posters and advice on management are supplied by the dominion wildlife service when requested, free of charge.
The dominion government has, in special circumstances, paid for grain used in emergency winter feeding of waterfowl. During each of the winters 1947-48 and 1948-49, the dominion government paid $50 for grain fed to waterfowl in Inglewood bird sanctuary.
The dominion government makes an annual grant to the Jack Miner Migratory Bird Foundation Incorporated. At present, the amount of this grant is $5,000 per annum. The property of the Jack Miner bird foundation is not a bird sanctuary under the provisions of the Migratory Birds Convention Act.
1. Preliminary investigation of the provincial lands portion of the Delta was undertaken by the dominion and province jointly and preliminary investigation of the Wood Buffalo park area was carried out by the dominion. Results were disappointing due to abnormal water conditions during the investigation period, the data received in the preliminary
report indicating the necessity of very careful investigation before any construction was undertaken.
2. The provincial government has cooperated in the investigation of the area but as the project has not reached the development stage it has not contributed any funds for that purpose.
3. The dominion and province are continuing the investigation jointly j*f the provin-cially-owned section of the delta, while the dominion is continuing its investigation of the Wood Buffalo park area.
Topic: MUSKRAT RAISING PROJECT-ATHABASKA RIVER, ALTA.
Note: This represents dominion share of expenditures only. The works program is the responsibility of the provincial governments and is carried on by the maritime dikelands rehabilitation committee. The original payments are made by the provinces where all detailed records are kept. On presentation of certified accounts the dominion reimburses one-third of total cost. All accounts for the current fiscal year not yet rendered by provinces.
2. See answer to No. 1.
3. See answer to No. 1.
4. See answer to No. 1.
Subtopic: NOVA SCOTIA AND NEW BRUNSWICK
Sub-subtopic: EXPENDITURES MADE AND PROJECTS APPROVED
1. What arrangements, if any, have been made with the Ontario government as to defences in case of war?
2. Who made such a request, how and when?
3. What was such a request?
4. At whose expense was it to be (a) federal authority; (b) provincial authority; (c) municipal authority?
5. Is any grant to be made the municipal authorities of Ontario or mayors' association for their enforcement of all federal law, orders in council and other federal regulations by municipal police forces of Ontario accordingly?
Topic: DEFENCE ARRANGEMENTS WITH GOVERNMENT OF ONTARIO