1. Will the proposed strait of Canso bridge provide for railway lines?
2. If so (a) will the Canadian National Railways be asked to relocate their lines; (b) will new railway terminals be constructed; (c) what time, if any, will be saved in passenger train service; (d) what is the estimated railway grade across the bridge; (e) what is the grade on the Nova Scotia approach; (f) what is the grade on the Cape Breton approach?
3. What is the estimated miles of reconstruction of the Canadian National Railways on both the Nova Scotia mainland and the Cape Breton side?
1. What was the cost of the steamship channel between Quebec and Montreal to make this river navigable for all kinds of ocean marine traffic since its inception to date for (a) capital; (b) annual maintenance including dredging, aids to navigation, and all other maintenance charges herein, per annum?
Orders for Returns
2. Who paid the estimated total cost of these capital national improvements for marine purposes, and also for maintenance, and what was the grand total cost of this very necessary and important national work for Canada?
The second part of this question is almost impossible to answer. However, I have the answer to paragraph (a) of part 1, and to the part having to do with annual maintenance including dredging. To that extent I should like to make this an order for return, now tabled.