463. Departmental administration, $690,670. Administration of the Transport Act-
464. Board of Transport Commissioners for Canada-administration, maintenance and operation, $463,736.
465. Canals service-administration, $61,500.
466. Canals-operation and maintenance, $3,212,748.
467. Canals-construction and improvements (revote $51,000), $579,660.
468. To provide for expenses in connection [DOT]with St. Lawrence ship canal surveys and investigations, $30,000.
469. To provide for the carrying out of flow measurements and other expenses connected with the department's supervision and control over the hydro electric power development of the Beauharnois Light, Heat and Power Company, Limited, $2,500.
470. Marine service administration, $34,988.
471. Administration of floating equipment, $29,680.
472. Nautical service administration, $77,190.
473. Marine service steamers, including icebreakers-maintenance, operation and repairs, $2,608,331.
474. Construction, maintenance and supervision of aids to navigation, including salaries and allowances to lightkeepers, $3,387,234.
475. Agencies-salaries and office expenses, $338,897.
476. Maintenance and repairs to wharves, $5,000.
477. To provide for breaking ice in Thunder Bay, Lake Superior and other points deemed advisable in the interests of navigation, $30,000.
478. To provide for Canada's share of the cost of the North Atlantic ice patrol, $20,000.
479. Administration of pilotage, including authority for temporary recoverable advances; contributions, and the operation and maintenance, as required, of necessary pilot vessels in certain pilotage districts, $249,360.
480. Life saving service, including rewards for saving life, $191,285.
481. To provide subsidies for wrecking plants -Quebec and British Columbia, $65,000.
482. Grants of $300 each to the Royal Arthur Sailor's Institution at Port Arthur, Ontario, and the Welland Canal Seamen's Institute, $600.
483. Miscellaneous services relating to navigation and shipping, including grants towards schools of navigation at Queen's university $500, Vancouver, B.C. $2,790 and provision to settle claims by the Board of Trade, London, England, for expenses incurred in respect of Canadian distressed seamen of British ships registered out of Canada, $89,300.
484. Steamship inspection and the carrying out of the provisions of the conventions for the safety of life at sea and load lines, $284,400.
485. Marine signal service, $132,717.
486. River St. Lawrence ship channel-contract dredging in the St. Lawrence river and Montreal harbour, including cost of administration-capital, $3,492,000.
487. River St. Lawrence ship channel-administration, operation and maintenance, $495,278.
488. To provide towards the construction of a service vessel for the eastern arctic patrol- capital, $1,100,000.
489. To provide towards the construction of a lighthouse supply and buoy vessel for the east coast (estimated cost $1,800,000)-capital, $300,-
490. To provide towards the construction of a lightship for the port of Saint John, N.B. (Estimated cost $850,000)-capital, $100,000.
491. To provide for the construction of a general service workboat to be operated out of Parry Sound, Out. agency-capital, $30,000.
492. To provide towards the construction of a lighthouse supply and buoy vessel for the west coast (estimated cost $700,000)-capital, $100,-
Canadian maritime commission-
493. Administration, $134;300.
Mail subsidies and steamship subventions-
494. Administration, $19,949.
Western local services-
495. Prince Rupert, B.C,, and Queen Charlotte Islands, service between, $32,000.
Vancouver and northern ports of British Columbia, service between, $37,000.
Victoria and west coast Vancouver Island, service between, $10,000.
Eastern local services-
496. Baddeck and Iona, service between, $12,-OOO.
Campobello, N.B., and Lubec, Maine, service between, $3,000.
Chester and Tancook Island, winter service, between, $2,640.
Dalhousie, N.B., and Miguasha, P.Q., service between, $12,000.
Deer Island, Campobello Island, and St. Andrews, N.B., service between, $2,000.
Grand Manan .and mainland, service between, $85,000.
Halifax, Canso and Guysboro, service between,