Mr. Mackenzie (Neepawa):
1. (a) How many investigations into peat possibilities have been carried on by the dominion government, (b) in what years, (c) at what cost, (d) briefly, with what results?
2. (a) How many peat bogs in Canada have been investigated, (b) in what provinces were these investigations made?
3. How many tons of peat are estimated to exist in Canada?
4. What known deposits close to large centres in Canada have been surveyed?
5. Was the removal of water from Canadian peat successfully accomplished and maintained?
6. Which methods of drying were successful in Canada?
7. What has been the European experience in artificial drying and what conclusions did Hausding arrive at?
8. (a) What companies have been formed in Canada for peat production, (b) what was their capitalization, (c) which were successful?
9. What are the conclusions of the Department of Mines as to the economic possibilities based on experiments performed?