Mr. MACKENZIE (Vancouver):
I should like to reply to this question orally.
1. The proposal for the registration of exservice men was entirely a voluntary cooperative proposal emanating from the organized ex-service organizations.
2. The approval of the government was not in any way required for this purpose, but the ex-service organizations courteously informed the government of their proposals and were informed that the information which would be made available would be welcome.
3. The information should be of general benefit, but it has not been decided to use it for any specific purpose.
4. That is entirely a matter of opinion.
5. As far as voluntary efforts are concerned, the government has no information; and as far as government policy is concerned, the government has never considered taking any such action.
Subtopic: CREAM SEPARATORS-IMPORTATIONS