3. The interim report was prepared merely to indicate the progress made to the date of its submission, the 14th of May. It was not intended for publication and all the pertinent information which it contained was subsequently incorporated in the report that has been tabled.
Subtopic: REPORTED ILLEGAL ENTRY OF JAPANESE
1. Mr. Dirks furnished valuations on three areas suggested for a rifle range site to replace the obsolete site at Hamilton, Ont., comprising properties of twenty-seven owners and having a total value of $407,900.
2. From the information furnished, the government selected three of the most suitable properties, and completed purchase of the same under the terms of the options furnished by Mr. Dirks, for the total price of $99,000.
RADIO LICENCES 1937 AND 1938 Mr. HYNDMAN:
How many radio licences were issued in Canada during each of the years 1937 and 1938?
Subtopic: HENRY DIRKS-PAYMENT FOR SERVICES FARM OWNERSHIP BY PROVINCES
1. What is the total amount owing at this date on the loan made by the government of Canada to Roumania, under order in council P.C. 690, April 2, 1919?
the government has received $359,642.40 in 4J per cent Roumanian bonds due 1949 covering 75 per cent of the instalment of interest due October 1, 1933, not paid in cash.
2. No principal amount has been payable. Interest was paid in full to April 1, 1933. Coupon due October 1, 1933, paid to the extent of 25 per cent in cash and 75 per cent in 4i per cent bonds.
Interest payments from October 1, 1933 to 1938 are being made on a reduced scale under a plan proposed by Roumania and recommended to investors by the council of foreign bondholders and accepted by the government of Canada.
Subtopic: CANADIAN LOAN TO ROUMANIA