Mr. H. G. CLARKE (Rosedale):
It has come to my attention that the transfer of the wheel shops of the Canadian National Railways at Spadina avenue, Toronto, to London, will put a lot of men out of work in
Validity of Alberta Statutes
Toronto. I am therefore directing these questions to the Minister of Transport (Mr. Howe):
1. Will the minister make a statement giving any information on this matter?
2. Will the minister prevail on the Canadian National Railway authorities to abstain from transferring this work from Toronto?
3. Could the minister give any reason for this proposed change?
4. Are a number of men being laid off at the East Toronto yards on account of this transfer?
5. What provision is being made for the men who are being laid off?
Subtopic: REPORTED TRANSFERENCE OF WHEEL SHOPS FROM TORONTO TO LONDON, ONTARIO