March 21, 1935

FURTHER PROVISION FOR CARRYING OUT RELIEF

The house resumed from Wednesday, March 20, consideration of the motion of Hon. Mr. Gordon for the second reading of Bill No. 41, respecting relief measures.

Thomas Reid

Mr. THOMAS REID (New Westminster):

Mr. Speaker, I should like to say a word before the question is put.

Unemployment Relief

Subtopic:   FURTHER PROVISION FOR CARRYING OUT RELIEF
Sub-subtopic:   MEASURES, MEETING FINANCIAL CONDITIONS AND MAINTAINING CREDIT OF DOMINION AND PROVINCES
CON

Pierre Édouard Blondin (Speaker of the Senate)

Mr. SPEAKER:

The reply of the Minister of Labour closed the debate on the second reading.

Subtopic:   FURTHER PROVISION FOR CARRYING OUT RELIEF
CON

Robert King Anderson

Mr. ANDERSON (Halton):

I was paired with the hon. member for Toronto West Centre (Mr. Factor). Had I voted. I would have voted for the motion.

Unemployment Relief

Subtopic:   FURTHER PROVISION FOR CARRYING OUT RELIEF
CON

Ernest Edward Perley

Mr. PERLEY (Qu'Appelle):

I was paired with the hon. member for North Vancouver (Mr. Munn). Had I voted, I would have voted for the motion.

Subtopic:   FURTHER PROVISION FOR CARRYING OUT RELIEF
CON

Robert Weir (Minister of Agriculture)

Mr. WEIR (Melfort):

I was paired with

the hon. member for Melville (Mr. Motherwell). Had I voted, I would have voted for the motion.

Subtopic:   FURTHER PROVISION FOR CARRYING OUT RELIEF
CON

Robert James Manion (Minister of Railways and Canals)

Mr. MANION:

I was paired with the hon. member for Ottawa (Mr. Chevrier). Had I voted, I would have voted for the motion.

James Houston Spence

Mr. SPENCE:

I was paired with the hon. member for Northumberland (Mr. Fraser). Had I voted, I would have voted for the motion.

John Vallance

Mr. VALLANCE:

I was paired with the

hon. member for Wentworth (Mr. Wilson). Had I voted, I would have voted against the motion.

Charles Edward Bothwell

Mr. BOTHWELL:

I was paired with the hon. member for Hastings-Peterborough (Mr. Embury). Had I voted, I would have voted against the motion.

John Knox Blair

Mr. BLAIR:

I was paired with the hon.

member for Peel (Mr. Charters). Had I voted, I would have voted against the motion.

Alfred Edgar MacLean

Mr. MacLEAN:

I was paired with the

hon. member for Royal (Mr. Jones). Had I voted, I would have voted against the motion.

Subtopic:   FURTHER PROVISION FOR CARRYING OUT RELIEF

William Lyon Mackenzie King (Leader of the Official Opposition)

Mr. MACKENZIE KING:

I was paired

with the right hon. the Prime Minister (Mr. Bennett). Had I voted, I would have voted against the . motion.

Cameron Ross McIntosh

Mr. McINTOSH:

I was paired with the

hon. member for Winnipeg South Centre (Mr. Kennedy). Had I voted, I would have voted against the motion.

IND

Angus MacInnis

Independent Labour

Mr. MacINNIS:

I was paired with the

hon. member for Queens (Mr. McLure). Had I voted, I would have voted against the motion.

Harry Butcher

Mr. BUTCHER:

I was paired with the

hon. member for Portage la Prairie (Mr. Burns). Had I voted, I would have voted against the motion.

John Yeo

Mr. BO YES:

I was paired with the hon.

member for West Elgin (Mr. Mills). Had I voted, I would have voted for the motion.

Subtopic:   FURTHER PROVISION FOR CARRYING OUT RELIEF
CON

Eccles James Gott

Mr. GOTT:

I was paired with the hon.

member for Kent (Mr. Rutherford). Had I voted, I would have voted for the motion.

Subtopic:   FURTHER PROVISION FOR CARRYING OUT RELIEF
CON

Finlay MacDonald

Mr. MacDONALD (Cape Breton South):

I was paired with the hon. member for Colchester (Mr. Urquhart). Had I voted, I would have voted for the motion.

March 21, 1935