2. $2,890.80 per annum; of which $1,540.93 is paid to General Ormond at the present time in order to make his annual salary as Superintendent of Penitentiaries equal to the rate of pay and allowances of which he was in receipt at the time of his appointment as superintendent as provided by subsection 13 of section 4 of the Militia Pension Act.
3. Long service.
Subtopic: GENERAL D. M. ORMOND-PENSION
1. Are any arms or armament material (munitions of war) manufactured in Canada for export?
2. If so, what was the value of such arms or armament material exported from Canada for the year 1932, or if the figures for 1932 are not available, for the last year for which figures are available?
3. If No. 1 is in the affirmative what was the name or names of the firm or firms exporting such arms or armament material, and the country or countries to which such arms or armament materials were exported?
4. Is it necessary for firms exporting arms or armaments to have a permit from the government?
I think the question in that form should be dropped. When it is asked "are any arms or armament material- munitions of war-manufactured in Canada for export" one cannot say with any degree
3. The average levels for Jan. Dec.
Elevations are in feet above mean sea level.
of certainty to what use any country importing certain materials may put them. What might be used for purposes of war in one country might noit be in another. Unless there is something much more specific, the question could not be answered.
1. What amount was authorized in 1932-33 for repairs to the wharf at Port Daniel East, Bonaventure county, and how much has been paid to date?
2. Out of what appropriation was this expenditure authorized ?
3. Were tenders called for; if not, why?
(Minister of Fisheries; Minister of Marine)
3. (a) No; (b) To avoid delay which the calling of tenders and preparation of plans would entail before a very urgent work could be undertaken, and also because the work could be done more expeditiously and economically by day labour than by contract.
Subtopic: PORT DANIEL EAST, QUEBEC-WHARF REPAIRS
1. Requests have been received from persons applying for employment on works being carried out by the department. These applications were referred for consideration to the district engineer, who is under instructions to secure the best help available, giving preference to the heads of families or those with dependents.
2. Answered by No. 1.
Subtopic: BONAVENTURE COUNTY RELIEF WORK