1. Was the chief inspector of the Post Office Department instructed to examine the qualifications of Isidore Jean, veteran of the Great war and a candidate for the position of postmaster of Sully, Quebec?
2. If so: (a) on what date; (b) why; (c) since the month of August, 1930, how many times was the chief inspector of the Post Office Department instructed to examine the qualifications of veterans of the Great war who were candidates for the position of postmaster; (d) in what cases?
1. What was the total amount voted for the Pensions branch of the Department of Pensions and National Health, including that voted for the Board of Pension Commissioners for Canada, during each of the past three fiscal years?
2. What was the net total amount expended?
3. What were the net total payments to
returned soldiers and their dependents?
4. What were the net total payments to
members of the medical and dental professions, exclusive of indirect payments through hospitals not operated by the department?
5. What was the total cost of administration of the Pensions branch of the Department, the Board of Pension Commissioners, the returned soldiers' insurance, the Pension tribunal, the Pension Appeal court, the "Veterans' Bureau and the War Veterans' Allowance committee?
Subtopic: DEPARTMENT OF PENSIONS AND NATIONAL HEALTH
1. Does the total number given relief 741,241 (page iv of the last report of the Dominion Director of Unemployment Relief) include men and women?
2. If so, what is the proportion of men and women ?
3. Does it include boys under twenty-one years of age?
4. If so, how many?
5. Does it include: (a) railway employees; (b) farm help; (c) store clerks; (d) commercial travellers; (e) agents; (f) miners; (g) sailors; (h) carpenters; (i) bricklayers; (j) masons; (k) plumbers; (1) office clerks; (m) day labourers, and (n) people who were working for manufacturers?