The following information has been furnished by the harbour commissioners of Montreal:-
1. $12,350,554 not including interest during construction, etc.
2. The capital cost as at 31st August, 1932, is $18,639,124.12.
3. The first sod was cut on the south shore on the 26th May, 1925, and the bridge was officially opened to the public on the 24th May, 1930.
4. Substructure-south half: Messrs. Quinlan, Robertson & Janin, Ltd. Substructure- north half: Dufresne Construction Company. Superstructure-Dominion Bridge Company.
5. $6,288,570.12 inclusive of interest during construction amounting to $2,045,200.49, and legal and other unestimated expenditures aggregating $641,667.59, in all $2,686,868.08, showing an expenditure in excess of estimate of $3,601,702.04.
Subtopic: MONTREAL HARBOUR BRIDGE