William Henry' Golding, member for the electoral district of South Huron, introduced by Right Hon. W. L. Mackenzie King and Hon. J. C. Elliott.
(Questions answered orally are indicated by an asterisk).
CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAYS-TIES CONTRACTS
1. Was the Stadacona Sales of Montreal awarded contracts for ties or other lumber for the Canadian National Railways?
2. If so. on what dates, for what amounts and for what quantities?
3. W7ere these contracts awarded by tender
or privately? .
4. If privately, on whose recommendation and why were tenders not asked?
5. Were other requests for similar contracts made? If so, why, how many were granted, and for what amounts and quantities?
G. What are the names of the persons who own Stadacona Sales?
7. Were these contracts transferred to subcontractors by the contractors? If so, to whom?
MRS. THAIS FREMONT, QUEBEC
Mr. LaVERGNE :
1. Is Mrs. Thais Fremont, of Quebec, a member of the Canadian delegation at Geneva?
2. If so, what remuneration does she receive and what is her mission?
3. On whose recommendation was she appointed?
RADIO COMMISSION-MR. THOMAS MAHER
1. Is Mr. Thomas Maher, of Quebec, a member of the Radio Commission?
2. If so. on whose recommendation was he appointed?
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION-APPOINTMENTS
Will the government in the near future appoint the members of the Civil Service Commission?
LIBRARY OF PARLIAMENT-FRENCH CANADIAN LIBRARIAN
1. Will the government in the near future appoint a Freneh-Canadian librarian to replace the late Mr. de la Broquerie Tache?
2. If so, when?