April 20, 1932

Peter John Veniot

Mr. VENIOT:

For a copy of al'l paysheets, accounts for materials, and other documents, in connection with work on the wharf at Burnt Church, Northumberland county, New Brunswick.

Topic:   QUESTIONS
Subtopic:   BURNT CHURCH WHARF, N.B.
CON

Hugh Alexander Stewart (Minister of Public Works)

Mr. STEWART (Leeds):

I assume that my hon. friend desires only the expenditures made within the last year. With that amendment I have no objection to the motion.

Topic:   QUESTIONS
Subtopic:   BURNT CHURCH WHARF, N.B.

RETURNED SOLDIER LEGISLATION

On the orders of the day: Mr. CAMERON R. McINTOSH (North Battleford): Mr. Speaker, on Friday, April 15, I directed this question to the Minister of Pensions and National Health (Mr. Mac-Laren): If after further consideration he is now in a position to inform the house and the country whether the government will bring down this session any new or amending legislation concerning returned men. The hon. minister said he would reply to me early this week. This is Wednesday, so I think I am within my rights in asking him if he has the answer ready to-day?

CON

Murray MacLaren (Minister of Pensions and National Health)

Hon. MURRAY MacLAREN (Minister of Pensions and National Health):

My reply

was that I expected to be able to answer the question early next week; that is this present week.

Topic:   QUESTIONS
Subtopic:   RETURNED SOLDIER LEGISLATION
CON

Murray MacLaren (Minister of Pensions and National Health)

Mr. MacLAREN:

I may inform the hon. member that I have not overlooked his question, but there has been some delay in securing some information. That information is expected within a day or two and then the answer will be given at once.

Topic:   QUESTIONS
Subtopic:   RETURNED SOLDIER LEGISLATION

NEW ZEALAND TREATY

On the orders of the day: Hon. Ian MACKENZIE (Vancouver Centre): May I ask the Minister of Trade and Commerce (Mr. Stevens) if he intends to table the New Zealand treaty during the present session? Privilege-Mr. Dickie

CON

Henry Herbert Stevens (Minister of Trade and Commerce)

Hon. H. H. STEVENS (Minister of Trade and Commerce):

I shall be able to give my hon. friend a definite answer in a day or two.

Topic:   QUESTIONS
Subtopic:   NEW ZEALAND TREATY

PRIVILEGE-MR. BEAUBIEN

On the orders of the day:

LIB-PRO

Arthur-Lucien Beaubien

Liberal Progressive

Mr. A. L. BEAUBIEN (Provencher):

I rise to a question of privilege, Mr. Speaker. In view of Your Honour's ruling this afternoon with respect to question No. 6 standing in my name on the order paper, suppose I present a question to the Clerk of the House for him to place on the order paper, where am I to ascertain whether my question is within the rules after it has been accepted by the officials of the house and allowed to remain on the order paper for three or four weeks?

Topic:   PRIVILEGE-MR. BEAUBIEN
CON

Pierre Édouard Blondin (Speaker of the Senate)

Mr. SPEAKER:

I would suggest that the hon. member study the rules of the house.

Topic:   PRIVILEGE-MR. BEAUBIEN
LIB-PRO

Arthur-Lucien Beaubien

Liberal Progressive

Mr. BEAUBIEN:

I desire to thank you, Mr. Speaker, for your information.

Topic:   PRIVILEGE-MR. BEAUBIEN
CON

Pierre Édouard Blondin (Speaker of the Senate)

Mr. SPEAKER:

That is entirely unnecessary.

Topic:   PRIVILEGE-MR. BEAUBIEN
LIB-PRO

Arthur-Lucien Beaubien

Liberal Progressive

Mr. BEAUBIEN:

May I say that I am not the one who violated the rules; the officers of the house are the offenders, they having allowed the question to remain on the order paper.

Topic:   PRIVILEGE-MR. BEAUBIEN