1. How many government owned dredges and other units of dredging equipment are lying idle at Victoria and Vancouver?
2. What is the total value of such dredges and dredging units?
3. What is the annual cost for maintenance, services of watchmen and upkeep of such dredges and dredging units?
4. What was the cost per cubic yard for dredging and dumping material during the time the dredge Mastodon was operating in Vancouver harbour ?
5. Did the board of harbour commissioners for the port of Vancouver, or the government, award a contract for dredging in Vancouver harbour to a private company or person?
6. If so, is such work now being carried on by such company or person, and by whom?
7. If such work is now being performed by a private company or person: (a) what price per cubic yard is being paid for dredging; (b) what price is being paid for dumping the materia] so dredged?
8. Has the board of harbour commissioners of the port of Vancouver any inspector, or inspectors, employed on the w-ork? If so, how many and at what monthly wages?
9. Did the government or the board of
harbour commissioners of the port of Vancouver secure any estimate from the dredging engineer or any other engineer of the Public Works department prior to awarding such contract? .
10. If so: (a) what was the estimated price per cubic yard of dredging; (b) of dumping the material so dredged?