1. The cost of dredging is included in the price per yard for placing gravel fill. 85,000 yards. See answer to No. 4.
2. 700.000 cu. yds,, of material will be required to make the gravel fill for the pier; (a) Total cost $168,000; (b) Cost per cu. yd., 24 cents in place.
3. The contract was let to North Western Dredging Company, Limited, 28th December, 1928.
4. Tenders were not called but the commissioners were offered an opportunity to obtain the necessary 700,000 cu. yds. of gravel fill required1 at a rate below competitive prices, the price for the fill to include the cost of dredging 85,000 cu. yds. of mud from the pier site before the gravel fill was placed. The commissioners represent that the cost of gravel fill for this new pier is 21 cents less per cu. yd. of fill in place than the cost of similar fill required in the construction of the Ballantyne pier.
Subtopic: VANCOUVER HARBOUR-NEW PIER
1. How many of the Canadian National Steamship Company's ships or vessels have been operating in the mercantile or passenger service on the Pacific ocean, out of British Columbia ports, during the years 1928 and 1929?
2. What are the names of such steamships and their tonnage?
3. What was the original cost of each vessel?
4. Have any of these ships been sold during the years 1928 and 1929?
5. If so, what was the name of and value
received for each vessel sold?
Subtopic: CANADIAN NATIONAL STEAMSHIPS-PACIFIC SERVICE
was paid the Fidelity Insurance Company of Canada for bonds on the following officers of the department for the amount mentioned in each case, the rate for the insurance being 25 cents per $100 per annum.