Hon. ERNEST LAPOINTE (Minister of Marine and Fisheries) moved that the House to-morrow go into committee to consider the following proposed resolution:
Resolved, that it is expedient to bring in a measure to make provision for the improvement and management of the Harbour of Three Rivers, in the province of Quebec, and to provide:
1. That the Commissioners appointed under this act shall be incorporated under the name of the "Three Rivers Harbour Commissioners".
2. That boundaries of the harbour be defined; harbour commissioners and a harbour master, a deputy harbour master and other officers be appointed; and rules and regulations, and a tariff of rates and dues be made.
3. That the jurisdiction of the commissioners be defined, as well as their powers as to expropriation of lands and the making of by-laws, the collection of rents, and the borrowing of money.
4. That the commissioners shall expend the moneys collected, after payment of the salary of the harbour master and the necessary expenses of maintenance of the harbour, in improving the harbour and its appurtenances, according to plans to be approved by the minister.
5. That regulations as to seizures, penalties, the application of the same, and the general administration of the harbour be established.
He said: His Excellency the Governor General having been informed of the subject matter of this resolution, recommends it to the consideration of the House.
Motion agreed to.
PENSION BOARD ' '
On the Orders of the Day: