IMMIGRATION ACT AMENDMENT
Hon. CHARLES STEWART (Minister of the Interior) moved for leave to introduce Bill No. 136, to amend the Immigration Act.
He said: Mr. Speaker, the few amendments we are proposing to the act are merely to make it conform to changed conditions. Some sections with respect to alien enemies are being amended, and in the case of section 41 we are reverting to the old Section in substitution of
the amended section of two years ago. We are also increasing the fines from $10 to $20 where shipmasters are negligent in reporting desertion.
(Questions answered orally are indicated by an asterisk.)
FEDERAL OFFICES, HAWKESBURY
$ 104 00 I 156 00 S 581 68 82,623 08
5. F. G. Berton, Mining Recorder, Whitehorse.
6. Answered by No. 5.
2. What was the address and occupation of each member of the commission previous to his appointment?
3. When were they appointed, and for how long?
4. What is the salary of each commissioner?
5. Are these salaries fixed by statute or are they voted annually?